My rules for the next month (and beyond)
- Draw everyday. I’ve really got out of practise with it and I’m starting to find it a struggle. So I need to sort it out! minimum 30min a day even if it’s just doodling out ideas.
- Always carry my pencils and sketchbook. I used to do this all the time and draw on the train in coffee shops wherever I was. Always having a sketchbook handy means you can take advantage of your time and get the ideas flowing.
- Put ink on paper at least once a week. with all these extra drawings I need to make something a little more finished so once a week do something a bit more solid.
- Hula every other day. I do hoop most days, just gotta make sure I don’t get lazy about it.
- Yoga everyday, just for 15/30min. I’m going to start-up the ballet again after next week too. All to keep bendy.
On the to do list:
- Finish the painting I’ve started.
- Draw and paint a man creature.
- Finish the costuming.
- Do my 3 hula shows I have booked this month the best I can.
The performance side of things is my biggest challenge for this month. I’m not as well prepared as I’d like to be, but I’m confident I can pull it off. The show at Risa is my biggest worry, as people have paid money to come and I’m doing it with a friend so if we aren’t in time with each other it could look really bad!
I’ll keep the blog updated with my progress!